Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing #23

Wow!! Ning was not really what I was expecting it to be...I had NO idea how much information was going to be there. It could quickly become information overload! I really did enjoy exploring the site. I liked the forum tab that allowed you to look at the discussions that were going on and there were plenty of them, that's for sure! I came to especially like using the tabs on the sidebar that allowed you to search by subject, tool, area, etc. I chose to focus in on blogging because it is something that I am definitely considering using in my classroom next year. I am thinking of a blog to keep my parents informed, but I am also wondering about having my students blog as well. I found a really great blog through a member on Ning. She is a teacher who has her students blog about the books they've read. It was fantastic! I tagged it on my Delicious account and will be going back to it. I was excited to find so many resources at my fingertips. The conversations were so diverse that I know that Ning could prove to be an invaluable resource to me. It is something I will be exploring further to continue sharpening my technology skills in the classroom and for advice on other topics we face as educators as well. I am glad to have been introduced to Ning!

No comments:

Post a Comment