Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing #19

I found VoiceThread to be very intriguing. I think that there are definitely some real possibilities for using it both professionally and personally. This is the first time I have ever heard of VoiceThread and I really enjoyed exploring it. I appreciated the introductory VoiceThread example that simply explained how VoiceThread works and highlighted some of the features that are available. I like the pen feature that allows a commenter to circle a specific thing in the image or text. This would definitely be great for me as a teacher to make a specific comment on a student's work or writing. It would also be equally useful for other students who are making comments. I like that VoiceThread could be used to share students' writing or projects. One idea that I have for incorporating it into my class would be to have students complete a book review after finishing one for lit circles. Then other students can watch the reviews and get recommendations for their next reading choice. This could also be a great tool for peer editing on writing or giving feedback on a particular project. I liked the What is Bellwork? VoiceThread. This is a great idea for using focused work at the beginning of class. However, because of a lack of computer access for all students at once, this would not be a feasible option. I love the Multimedia Venn Diagram. This would be a great way for students to share learning at the end of a lesson. I will definitely be exploring different ways to use this "thing" in my class. I am especially excited to learn that you can comment on a VoiceThread by phone since I don't have a microphone.

1 comment:

  1. You can also comment by typing in responses. It's very versatile!

    ReplyDelete