Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thing #15

Surprisingly, I had a whole lot of fun playing with the Sandbox wiki. I say surprisingly because I was terrified to begin experimenting with the wiki. I thought it would be much more difficult than it actually was to navigate. The Wikispaces Cheat Sheet was a great resource, but overall it was quite easy to use. I found the toolbar similar to the one on our blog posting. Everything went quite well and as I began adding the required information I realized I was having fun! I was excited to start adding images and some of the fun stuff we had already made in our class. That is where the fun came to a halt. I tried, unsuccessfully, to add the slideshow I created in Thing #10 to my wiki several times. It never appeared and I finally gave up. I thought, "Oh well, I will try that later...I will add some of the spell with Flickr creations I've made." That, too, resulted in several failed attempts. I followed the instructions on the cheat sheet and pasted my code into the appropriate box, but it didn't work out. Any suggestions?? I was able to add images saved on my computer without any trouble. The only thing that really annoyed me was how far down the Image Properties toolbar popped up. I didn't see it for several attempts because it was so far down. I think most of these things will be ironed out the more I practice with my wiki. All in all, I really enjoyed creating it and I think I could make one to use in my classroom now!

You can visit my wiki here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure what code box you pasted in, but sometimes I just use the one that says "other html". I thought your page looked great! I lovee to read aloud too!! Guess that's why we are educators!

    ReplyDelete