Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing #11



Wow!! I had no idea there were so many image generators out there. I have never used any of these sites before but I really had fun exploring some of them and seeing how they work. This will be yet another thing that I will have to devote more time to. (Playing and experimenting, that is!) One of the things that I have here on my blog is this picture mosaic. I created it here. I think this site was my favorite of the ones I explored today. I chose to make my mosaic of pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge. San Francisco is one of my absolute favorite cities -- the scenery is magical! So, I just chose to search for pictures on Flickr that were tagged Golden Gate Bridge. Mosaic maker searched for the pictures and put it together for me. I love the way it turned out! This could be such a useful resource. It would be great to make mosaics of family pictures. I also thought of this as a great way to make an end of year keepsake for our sixth graders. Students could even use it to to create a product for projects. There are many possibilities!

Photo Credits:
1. beccamorrisphotography, 2. beccamorrisphotography, 3. beccamorrisphotography, 4. beccamorrisphotography, 5. beccamorrisphotography, 6. WEEGEE vs. Liu Kang, 7. Panaromic view of SFO from Golden Gate Bridge, 8. Golden Gate Bridge, 9. 2009-06-29-IMG_2797, 10. 2009-06-29-IMG_2798, 11. 2009-06-29-IMG_2796, 12. Golden Gate Bridge, 13. Golden Gate Bridge14. Not available15. Not available16. Not available

letter S u M M. E R

I used this site to create my word art. This is also a neat site! I like that you can type any word and change each letter until you find one you like. I remember many projects where I did this the "old school" way by cutting out letters in magazines. This is definitely much easier!! This could be used for projects personally, like scrapbooking, or professionally as well. Students could use this for projects and I also think this might be a fun spelling activity to incorporate as well.

Just for laughs, I created the comic at the top of my post here. This is something I will definitely be able to take back to my students. I often offer creating a comic strip as an option for spelling activities. This would be a fun way for students to do that; however, I do have a concern that some of the material that is offered is inappropriate. Any suggestions on how to incorporate this with my students in a way that is appropriate?? Is there a site like this for kids?

2 comments:

  1. Love the comic! and the pictures from San Francisco are beautiful. This was fun to play with the tools and see what is availabe and FREE!
    outofmyleagueforsure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Spell with Flikr tool, but I couldn't figure out how to post it into my site. Maybe you can help me!

    ReplyDelete