Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing #10

I think that this has been the most fun "thing"so far!!! I really enjoyed creating a slide show and was so surprised at how easy it was to create and embed one in my blog. I have to admit I was a bit nervous when our introduction did not give us explicit instructions on how to embed. I thought it was going to be complicated and time-consuming and I was pleasantly surprised! As you can see, I chose to use the program Animoto to create my slide show, which is really more like a music video. I think it is a great concept and their website is so user-friendly. It was a breeze! My wheels are already turning about how valuable it is going to be to know how to use these tools, both personally and professionally. There are so many possible applications and using this program was so much better than creating a traditional slide show. Not only was the process easier, the product was so much better!

I will definitely be spending some time playing with the other programs I didn't use today, also. The slide show that I created includes pictures of our summer vacation spot this year. My husband and I will be going at the end of July and we are so excited! It looks absolutely beautiful and peaceful.



Picture credits:
Ritz-Carlton Sunrise Key Biscayne by kretyen
Live from Key Biscayne (MIA_040ra)by psoup216
Key Biscayne Beach by rwmsn
Ahead of the storm front - Key Biscayne by joiseyshowaa
Miami by ewilman

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how these tools make us look so tech savvy but are easy to use!

    ReplyDelete