Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Course Reflection #1

I have to admit that prior to the beginning of this course, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. This was my first course in my Master's program and I didn't exactly know what I was going to experience along the way. I hoped to get my feet wet in this course and begin to understand what the program would be all about and to get a basic introduction to becoming a leader in educational technology.

The truth of the matter is that while I came in unsure of what I would learn, I was definitely not disappointed. I gained so much knowledge in this course. As I looked back over each week's learning outcomes and assignments I was reminded of that fact once again. I learned how to assess my own abilities with technology and leadership. I became more familiar with the STaR chart and ways that districts measure their progress in technology. My favorite week was probably week 3 when I was able to actually use the tools that I could incorporate into my class, such as wikis and blogs. While not as exciting, but very important, I also gained a wealth of information about copyright and cyberethics. This is vitally needed so that I can help my students be responsible users of Web 2.o tools. Overall, my learning far exceeded any preconceptions about this class and I am excited to move on to my next course.

No comments:

Post a Comment