Thursday, July 29, 2010

Web Conference Reflection

The web conference was interesting, albeit frustrating at times. I am actually glad that it was required of us this time because it forced me to try it. I had never participated in anything like that and am glad I have now gotten to experience one. I appreciated seeing and hearing from Mrs. Borel. The part of the conference that I found most useful was hearing her discuss our internship and how the process of applying and planning would work. One thing that I really wish could have happened that did not was her giving a few explanations of some task examples based on the 33 standards. For example, if she had just said here is standard 1 and based on this some task examples would be such and such. That would have been so helpful to me because I have found the text to be much less helpful than it was promised to be. There doesn't seem to be much more explanation than our handbook provided.

Most of the frustrations were to be expected from a group of first-timers. There were times when people's microphones squealed unpleasantly and when Mrs. Borel's speaking cut out completely. There were moments when she seemed to be in fast forward mode and I couldn't understand her at all. I'm sure these are issues that can be smoothed out with time, patience, and practice. I plan on attending a few more web conferences so I can gain some more experience. Overall, it was a positive learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment