Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Course Reflection #4

Thankfully, I was successful in carrying out the course assignments. Was there room for improvement? Always! However, I am proud of the work that I turned in. Some weeks were definitely better than others. While I did manage to achieve success on all the assignments there was one thing that I learned quickly could stand in my way if I let it. That one thing was time management! When I began the course I think I started it a little naively and I wasn't aware of the magnitude of time and effort it would require. One of my weaknesses has always been procrastination. I learned in week one that procrastination was a recipe for disaster in this class. This program requires dedication and effort that I think outmatches that of a traditional classroom delivery. I easily spent fifteen to twenty hours each week completing the readings, discussion board, and assignments. I am not complaining. I am just simply stating that one of the learning curves in this class for me was realizing the requirements involved and managing my time accordingly. For that reason, I am very grateful that I started the program during the summer. Now I know what I have to do to be successful and I am hopeful that I can figure out a time management system that works for me in the upcoming classes once I am back at work full-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment